Thursday, October 20, 2011

No Need to Abandon

People wake up everyday hating the life they are living...

Surrendering to hatred is easier than working towards acceptance.  Acceptance doesn't mean you release the desires of your heart.  Acceptance is receiving what is at hand favorably.  People believe if they accept or become content with their life they must abandon the other for the greater or vice a versa.

I'm going to use child rearing as an example for the sake that every person reading has been affected by this particular experience, either as the child or as a parent.  Women (because statistically they are more often to stay at home) find themselves resenting the role of motherhood, because they feel they must choose between raising their children or the other.  The other is a generic term for anything you desire beyond parenting.   Most people feel they must choose something that will ultimately sacrifice the other.  In turn, they find themselves relinquishing the desires of the heart.

The statement, "You can't have it all," has molded our generation into living miserable lives because it has forced us to believe that we MUST choose.  I am not a feminist!  Though I am grateful for women's liberation, I do not relish in all its ideas!  I am a woman who felt when I had my first child I had to choose between being a stay-at-home mom or the other.  I chose to stay-at-home.  When making this decision I felt I had to abandon my life for many years and be satisfied with the identity of motherhood. For years, I fought the sacrifice I believed I had given.  It was necessary to resolve the desire for more if I was going to be a "good" mother.  In turn, accepting the statement, "You can't have it all!"  When people feel powerless they begin resenting the life they are living.

Believing the previous statement only presents a false perspective for your life.  If we are required to abandon our desires for the other then why were the desires placed there in the first place?  Abandon means to walk away, give up, to desert, and to forsake.  I trust that the desires that  I have in my life were not placed there by me.  So, to abandon them seems contradictory to the character of the one who placed them.

ACCEPTING the season your life presents is to receive the situation positively.   If you can be content with your life and not rush through each stage you will find gratification in each season.  Don't fear the time frame!  Accept your life and allow Him to be the author of your story!  When you learn to do this He will reveal, "YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL!"  So, it's time to start living...


No comments:

Post a Comment